Subject: FW: ESTONIA, His Excellency Mr. Kristjan Järvan / Invitation to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)+20 Forum High-Level Event 2024 and the AI for Good Global Summit 2024
From: "MKM info"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:30:09 +0200

From: Giannaki, Olga <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2024 1:08 PM
To: Tõnu Nirk <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Office for Europe, ITU 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Ponder, Jaroslaw 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Fitzgerald, 
Katherine <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Debs, Tala <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Liu, Zheting <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Sah, Gitanjali <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: ESTONIA, His Excellency Mr. Kristjan Järvan / Invitation to the 
World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)+20 Forum High-Level Event 
2024 and the AI for Good Global Summit 2024
Importance: High

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Invitation to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)+20 Forum 
High-Level Event 2024 and the AI for Good Global Summit 2024

                      <http://www.wsis.org/forum>

Dear Sir/Madam,

Attached is the Circular Invitation Letter that was issued on 2 February 
inviting His Excellency Mr. Kristjan Järvan, Minister of Economic Affairs 
and Communications of Estonia as a High-Level guest speaker at the 
forthcoming World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)+20 Forum 
High-Level Event. Co-hosted by ITU and the Swiss Confederation, this event 
is scheduled to take place physically, with enhanced remote participation, 
in Geneva, Switzerland, from 27-31 May, 2024.

We would highly appreciate receiving a response regarding the Minister's 
participation in the coming days. In the case of a positive response 
regarding High-Level attendance, please inform us whether the Minister would 
like to:

1.      Be a High-Level Speaker at the Leaders TalkX and Key Insights 
scheduled to take place on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 May 2024.

2.       In addition, attend the Ministerial roundtable (closed meeting) : 
The Ministerial roundtable will be organized on Tuesday 28 May 2024 and will 
provide a platform for an interactive debate, in a High-Level setup. A 
detailed concept note will be provided in the coming weeks. The Ministerial 
roundtable participation is strictly limited to Ministers and Vice 
Ministers. No representation or replacements will be accepted. Confirmation 
of attendance is essential to ensure appropriate seating and should be sent 
to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   and 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  not later than 15 March 2024.

3.       Participate in AI Governance Day invitation-only Roundtables: we 
are pleased to invite the Minister to the invitation only Roundtables on 
Wednesday 29 May as part of AI Governance Day “From Principles to 
Implementation”, both the AI for Good and WSIS stakeholders to explore the 
global surge in AI policy, regulation, and governance efforts, identifying 
commonalities and tackling the step of moving from regulatory frameworks to 
implementation. How are countries and regions navigating the dual objectives 
of maximizing AI's benefits while minimizing its risks? Ministers, 
policy-makers, technology experts, industry innovators, UN partners and 
thought leaders will come together in morning roundtables (invitation-only). 
The afternoon sessions will be open to the public.

Request for a speaking slot at the WSIS+20 Forum High-Level Event and 
confirmation of participation to the AI Governance Day (invitation-only) 
roundtables should be made using this link 
<https://itu.int/go/2024WSISSpeakingRequest>  no later than 15 March 2024 
(deadline extended)

 IMPORTANT:

*	Kindly note that registration is open for WSIS+20 Forum High-Level Event 
and is necessary for all WSIS participants regardless of any speaking or 
other engagements coordinated with the WSIS Team. The Registration link is 
the following: https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2024/Home/Registration
*	We also strongly advise you to schedule your visa appointment (if needed) 
and secure your accommodation as soon as possible. Due to numerous events 
taking place in Geneva during this week, hotels are filling up quickly.

We look forward to welcoming your delegation to this exciting week in 
Geneva.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending 
an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  and 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> .

Sincerely,

Ms. Olga GIANNAKI

WSIS & SDG Junior Project Officer

International Telecommunication Union

 <https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsis.org%2Fforum&data=05%7C02%7Colga.giannaki%40itu.int%7C1335bc191bcb42a97e7f08dc318d62ac%7C23e464d704e64b87913c24bd89219fd3%7C0%7C0%7C638439731702143513%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=zfGgoaKESeZv%2F9q5F4Wr7MR4NE%2BKjQW3Sy25r5KctSs%3D&reserved=0>

 <https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2024/Home/Registration> REGISTRATION 
OPEN

 <http://www.wsis.org/forum> www.wsis.org/forum